Health & Fitness
The Auckland Indian Association Health and Fitness Group promotes wellbeing for the community. This is a well supported group but always welcomes new members at its activities.
Many events are held throughout each year and these may include:
- Workshops to educate the community on health issues of particular concern to Indian people including cardiovascular health and diabetes – and others
- Talks by medical professionals and researchers covering a wide range of health and fitness topics.
- Regular Fitness classes for both seniors and all ages groups. These are outlined below. For example: Bollypump, Yoga & Bollyrobixs
- Special event yoga sessions such as International Yoga Day.
- Combined events with other sub committees such as the Mahila Samaj Group
Chairperson – Health & Fitness
Regular Class Timetable
|Mondays 7 to 8pm||Bollypump|
|Cost||$2.00 members, $5.00 non members|
|Bollypump is a resistance training class, equipment is provided. Class level is medium to high intensity.|
|Saturday 7:30 TO 8:30 am||Bollyrobics|
|Cost||Free for members, $2.00 non members|
Bollyrobics is a new kind of workout. It combines training of coordination, strength and stamin. Class level is medium to high intensity.